ISI 2017 key

1234 ... 17

ISI 2017 key

Halflife
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ISI 2017 key

Seecha
.... argghh ...i don't want to see that ......
btw hw many ques. you have attended ?

Re: ISI 2017 key

Halflife
25+24
Found PEA completely different than all the previous years papers so was somewhat taken aback. :(
What about you?
And did you find this PEA easier or tougher than past years? I'm asking to get an idea about the cutoffs.

Re: ISI 2017 key

shiva
Maths was a bit tricky , what about Eco. How did you do it?

Being this the first objective by ISI what could be the cutoff, any opinions.

Re: ISI 2017 key

Halflife
I just hope the cutoff for both goes low.
Those math questions weren't like the past papers there weren't many direct questions and those 2 monkey questions were very frustrating. Not many eco graduates are able to clear the PEA so I won't expect the cutoff of PEB to go above 65 but you never know with the amount of talent this country breeds 😑

Re: ISI 2017 key

Halflife
How many did you two attempt in each of the papers?

Re: ISI 2017 key

shiva
Ha ha, that's true. What are the other exams you will be attempting and what about dse application. When will the procedure may start , any idea

Re: ISI 2017 key

Halflife
I'm giving all of them but like everyone else I too am clueless about whatever dse is doing 🙃

Re: ISI 2017 key

shiva
I have attempted 25 in both the papers

Re: ISI 2017 key

Halflife
Shiva you'll get to the interview stage👍
MAC

Re: ISI 2017 key

MAC
I attempted 28 in PEA, but had not studied much of eco syllabus, so could attempt only 20 in PEB.
Did you guys find PEB paper difficult, especially in comparison to DSE previous papers?

Re: ISI 2017 key

Halflife
MAC ka ho gaya ISI iss saal

Re: ISI 2017 key

Diya
Good to know that I'm not the only one feeling so. Almost all pea questions were HOTS questions.

Re: ISI 2017 key

Halflife
Amen to that
MAC

Re: ISI 2017 key

MAC
Do they take both maths and economics paper into account for final merit? I thought maths paper(PEA) was only as a screening round!

Re: ISI 2017 key

Econenthusiast
This post was updated on .

Re: ISI 2017 key

Asd1995
Hey guys,

Engineer here. Math wasn't so tough personally but I got absolutely destroyed and mauled in economics. I wasn't expecting Macro to be very theoretical. I too hope the economics cutoff is 60ish or less, I may get in then.

Re: ISI 2017 key

Asd1995
About the monkey question, it can be solved by using binomial distribution and summing probabilities which form a geometric series. Alternatively you can put values of k, and look for the answer that makes sense. Couple of them were absurd and could be ruled out at sight.

Probability it reaches k= Probability it reaches in 1jump, plus probability it reaches in two jumps and so on. Individually these are going to be bionomial.

Re: ISI 2017 key

Econenthusiast
But isn't the binomial distn a discrete probability distn. What was given was a continuous pdf between [1/2,1] which shows that the monkey moves one step to the right

Re: ISI 2017 key

Asd1995
P is fixed, it can take any value between half and one, but we begin our analysis by fixing P. If p keeps varying jump to jump as you hypothesised it would be an interesting question but a near impossible solution for me.
1234 ... 17