Doubt

Halflife

Q5) answer : (c)
Its coming (c) because the term g^-1(y) is coming out to be 0 right?

Re: Doubt

Econ2017
How to do this question.? I am not able to comprehend it. Can you please help ?

Re: Doubt

Asd1995
If g has jumps at x1,x2,x3

g-1(X) will have jumps at g-1(x1), g-1(x2), g-1(x3)

So if g is left continuous, g-(1) will be right continuous and vice versa.

An easy way to see is that the graph of inverse of a function is just the axes flipped(interchanged)

So if you turn your notebook 90 degree, look at the y axis as new x, and x axiis as new y, what you'll see is the graph of g-1(x), which will be right continuous if g is left continuous.

Re: Doubt

Econ2017
Woah .. thanks I will try to plot this ...!

Re: Doubt

Halflife
There's only 1 jump in g here (at x=0) and I did this way only.
Thanks.