DSE 2016 doubt

Halflife

Answer : C
Doubt : I took g(x) as g(x)=(x)^2. Now why isn't the answer D and why is it C (as g''(x)=2 here for all values of x)?

Re: DSE 2016 doubt

ALIBABA
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DSE 2016 doubt

Halflife
But both C and D seem correct. Is it a rule that if two correct options are there then we have to mark the one more exhaustive? And do such questions come frequently in DSE?

Re: DSE 2016 doubt

Asd1995
Because what holds for x^2 may not hold for any other function you take. The problem is solved by applying Rolle's theorem to g'(x).

Re: DSE 2016 doubt

Halflife
Thanks.

Re: DSE 2016 doubt

ALIBABA
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DSE 2016 doubt

Seecha
I have done this through lagrange interpolation formula ..... check out online .... its esy from that method

Re: DSE 2016 doubt

Halflife
Thanks.